時光倒流二十年 [Flow Back In Time 20 Years] - Eason Chan 陳奕迅 {Cantonese 99}

Composer: Ronald Ng (伍樂城) (伍乐城)
Lyricist: Lin Xi (林夕) (林夕) 



In your childhood who did you spend it with singing the song in the hymn class
Can we hum it one more time?
At that time who sat in the row with you with white t-shirts and grey trousers
Can we wear them one more time?
It's a pity for my age at that time I couldn't personally hug you to admire
We knew each other since childhood, let the rest of the days flash a few times more
Who lets me flow back in time, enjoying it together with you personally
We can leave behind an impression, reading every wall in your house
Holding your song book and dueting with you
In the past you how many parks did you pass by and walk through with whom?
Can we walk in them one more time?
At that time who stared at you, was it really more than me?
Can we act it out one more time?

It's a pity for my age at that time I couldn't personally hug you to admire
We knew each other since childhood, let the rest of the days flash a few times more
Who lets me flow back in time, enjoying it together with you personally
The regretful impression that I don't have that wall in your house
Holding your photo album

The photos we took in the past
I'm really jealous of the window that was with you yesterday
Watching your beautiful appearance a bit earlier
Praising of your innocence

Scanning from the start, that day you were 6, you were already my idol

Source

3 comments:

  1. Is this song directed to a current lover? Or did he never get the girl? I don't completely understand the song meaning even with the translations. It seems to me that there is some bittersweet feeling to this song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, as you said, he never get the girl, the girl only belongs to childhood memory. He dreamed of flying back 20 years.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete