千千闕歌 [Thousands of Songs] - Priscilla Chan 陳慧嫻 {Cantonese 89}

This song has the same melody as the mandarin version of the song 風中的承諾 [Commitment while the wind blows] - 李翊君 Linda Lee {Mandarin 90}
I slowly recall the nights that belonged to both of us.
Glowing as usual, you’ve given me a bright sun within my heart.
If I shed silly tears, would you please understand and forgive me.
Tomorrow morning I’ll leave you and begin a journey that might be lonesome and long-winding.

There are so many things to talk about within the short span.
Unfortunately we’ll soon be separated far apart from each other.
We’ve no choice but hold our deep gaze for this moment.

* Even if one day there’ll be thousands of songs floating on my way far from here,
* Even if one day there’ll be thousands of stars that are brighter than the moon of tonite,
# They can’t be prettier than this evening, neither can they win more of my admiration.
# Ah ha … ‘Cos you can sing along with me tonite.

Only when I’m leaving can I feel the charm of sorrow.
Solely because of you, I’ve a long recollection of the past.
In which year and month shall we be together again like this evening?
We hold our gaze and let our eyes voice our position.

When raindrops lightly knock on your window someday,
When the howling wind blows your thought into disarray,
Will you spare a minute to think of this familiar face?

(Repeat * and # )

Ha … they can’t be prettier than this evening no matter how, neither can they win more of my admiration.
‘Cos I can sing along with you this evening.

(Repeat * and # )

(Repeat only * )
They can’t be prettier than this evening, neither can they wash away what I’ve been thinking tonight
‘Because I don’t know when shall I be able to sing along with you again.

Source
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgDVlZKs_sg
http://www.cantonese.sheik.co.uk/phorum/read.php?10,74461

No comments:

Post a Comment