放生 [Released] - Jade Kwan 關心妍 {Cantonese 03}

 “放生” is an action related to Buddhism, it is the action of people releasing animal back to the wild in order to gain some merit. The lyrics of the song are about the protagonist trying to release her boyfriend back to the wild.

Perhaps your passion had died off and you wanted to leave. 
You didn’t seem to like to talk on the phone with me anymore. 
Perhaps the old promise is true. 

But you couldn’t stand being bored, 
but your still remember that they when they were surrounded by flowers, 
We hang around each other, 

If we are not dead, 
we would be tired. 
So perhaps it is better for us to end it. 
Just to live up to the promise, 
turning our date feels like a volunteering job, 
I doesn’t want you to pity me. 

Go, just like migratory birds, 
I never hope that you will return one day. 
Freedom in exchange of break up, 
you really believe that it is worth it? 

I love you so much that I am willing to release you back to the wild, 
as there is no need for you to complain when you are with me. 
She feels ashamed, 
and don't want to force you anymore. 

Do you really want me to face you and try to get you to stay by saying that I want to die? 
Let just say that I fallen in love with the wrong guy, 
and I release you back to the wild, 
so that I wouldn’t have so much anger in your words. 
I will let go and will not bear with you, 
as I understand that letting you go will also relieve myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment